In line with recommendations from the Scott County Health Department (SCHD), the Quad City Symphony Orchestra (QCSO) has made the following changes to its Fall Masterworks Programs Scheduled for October, November, and December 2020.
UPDATED PROGRAMS & LOCATION
To allow social distancing between the musicians the fall Masterworks programs have been updated to the following.
Masterworks I: Beethoven Symphony No. 1
BEETHOVEN Coriolan Overture
JESSIE MONTGOMERY Banner
GEORGE WALKER Lyric for Strings
BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 1
Masterworks II: Beethoven Violin Concerto
BARTÓK Divertimento for Strings
BEETHOVEN Violin Concerto, featuring Naha Greenholtz
Masterworks III: Beethoven Symphony No. 3
BACH Keyboard Concerto No. 5, featuring Marian Lee
BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 3, “Eroica”
All concerts will be performed without intermission and will be held at the Adler Theatre.
SUBSCRIPTIONS & TICKETS
The Fall Masterworks concerts can be enjoyed in person or via High Definition Live Stream. Digital Access will be available for purchase for single concerts or in a subscription package beginning on Thursday, August 20, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. Current 2020-21 Subscription Holders will have the first right of refusal for in-person tickets or can choose to switch to Digital Access for the Fall. Additional In-Person Subscriptions and Single Tickets will be released for sale at a later date.
Digital Live Stream Access
The Live Stream will air on Sundays at 2:00 pm via the QCSO’s Uscreen Channel. To ensure the highest quality video and audio experience and that the stream airs uninterrupted, the live stream will be a recording of the Saturday evening performance.
Digital Access can be purchased for a single event or as part of a Pick-3 or Full Subscription. Only one Digital Access ticket is needed per household, and are available at the following rates:
- Single Digital Concert – $40 per concert
- Digital Pick-3/Trio Subscription – $102 for all three concerts (15% savings)
- As part of a Full Subscription – $96 for all three concerts (20% savings) + Additional In-Person subscription rate determined by seating zone.
The Live Stream is only available for viewing during the scheduled airtime. Digital Access Purchases are final. If you know you must miss a Live Stream, contact the QCSO Box office by Thursday of concert week to transfer your access to another household, request an exchange to a future Masterworks Live Stream Performance (possible for Masterworks I & II single ticket purchasers only), or donate the value of the Digital Access back to the QCSO.
CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION HOLDERS
You may retain your in-person seats or switch to Digital Access for Masterworks I-III. Please complete the online subscriber survey emailed to you to let us know your decision and help determine your socially distanced seat for the fall. If you did not receive the subscriber survey email, please contact Caitlin Bishop at email@example.com.
While seating changes must be made in the fall to ensure social distancing, all 2020-21 Full Subscribers will be able to retain your previously chosen non-distanced seat into the 2021-22 Season.
In-Person Only (Full & Pick-3/Trio Subscribers):
If you choose to attend all Masterworks Concerts in Person, the QCSO Box Office staff will use your subscriber survey responses to assign you a socially distanced seat for the fall concerts. You will retain your previously chosen seat for the spring concerts.
Combination Digital & In-Person (Full & Pick-3/Trio Subscribers):
If you choose to attend the fall concerts virtually, you can either receive a partial refund or donate the difference back to the QCSO. You will retain your previously chosen seat for the spring concerts.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Facilities: The venue will be deep cleaned and sanitized prior to patron arrival, and a sanitizing crew will spray and disinfect all surfaces after each event. The HVAC system has been set to increase the percentage of outdoor air that circulates into the system.
- Social Distancing: The audience size will be limited and patrons will be spread throughout the hall. The floor will be marked to keep audience members socially distanced for entry. Patrons will be assigned a specific entry time by section, and dismissal will be controlled to reduce overcrowding.
- Facial Masks or Coverings: Facial masks or coverings will be required while in the Adler Theatre/RiverCenter, and while waiting for entry. Disposable masks will be available for those who arrive without one.
- Reduced Contact: Tickets will not be sold on-site, and must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be touched by the ticket scanners, and program booklets will only be available in a digital format. The program booklet will be available in advance online if attendees wish to print their own copies, or guests may request a print copy of the program to be mailed to them for a $4 fee up to 14 days before the event.
- Food & Beverage: Concessions will not be sold.
- Increased Availability of Handwashing Stations & Hand Sanitizer
- Attendees should be asymptomatic: Attendees should be asymptomatic for at least 14 days prior to attending the event. Anyone feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms such as but not limited to fever, cough, or shortness of breath should stay home. Anyone who has been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks should also stay home.
The QCSO has adjusted their ticket policies for the upcoming season to address postponements and cancelations and to accommodate ticket holders who feel they are not able to safely attend concerts. Read more about these changes at qcso.org/our-commitment-to-you/.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the QCSO office at 563.322.0931 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.