- This event has passed.
Masterworks I: Beethoven Symphony No. 1
October 3, 2020 @ 7:30 pm CDT
Our Celebration of Beethoven’s 250th Birthday begins with the dramatic and heroic Coriolan Overture, before being swept away by Jessie Mongomery’s Banner, a Rhapsody on the Star-Spangled Banner. Find peaceful reflection in George Walker’s somber and beautiful Lyric for Strings. The concert concludes with Beethoven’s spirited and victorious first symphony.
Digital Access Available | Airs Sunday, October 4, 2020, at 2:00 PM & Available to Stream for 30 days
Additional Event Information
JESSIE MONTGOMERY Banner
GEORGE WALKER Lyric for Strings
BEETHOVEN Coriolan Overture
BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 1
$18 – $65 Adults each | $10 – $33 Students each
$40 per Household Each | Student Access available. Call our box office at 563.322.7276 for details.
ABOUT DIGITAL ACCESS
The digital concert will air on Sundays at 2:00 pm via the QCSO’s Uscreen Channel. To ensure the highest quality video and audio experience and that the stream airs uninterrupted, the live stream will be a recording of the Saturday evening performance.
Digital Access can be purchased for a single event or as part of a Pick-3 or Full Subscription. Only one Digital Access ticket is needed per household.
Digital access will begin Sunday, October 4, 2020, at 2:00 PM and available to Stream for 30 days
PRESENTED AS PART OF THE QCSO SERIES
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Facilities: The venue will be deep cleaned and sanitized prior to patron arrival, and a sanitizing crew will spray and disinfect all surfaces after each event. The HVAC system has been set to increase the percentage of outdoor air that circulates into the system.
- Social Distancing: The audience size will be limited and patrons will be spread throughout the hall. The floor will be marked to keep audience members socially distanced for entry. Patrons will be assigned a specific entry time by section, and dismissal will be controlled to reduce overcrowding.
- Facial Masks or Coverings: Facial masks or coverings must be worn at all times while in the Adler Theatre/River Center. Disposable masks will be available for those who arrive without one.
- Reduced Contact: Tickets will not be sold on-site, and must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be touched by the ticket scanners, and program booklets will only be available in a digital format. The program booklet will be available in advance online if attendees wish to print their own copies, or guests may request a print copy of the program to be mailed to them for a $4 fee up to 14 days before the event.
- Food & Beverage: Concessions will not be sold.
Enrich Your Experience
Enjoy informal pre-concert conversations hosted by Kai Swanson featuring Maestro Mark Russell Smith and featured artists. Concert Conversations will be presented virtually for Masterworks I-III, and available for viewing ahead of the performances on the QCSO’s YouTube Channel, Facebook, and Uscreen Digital Access platform. Sponsored by Chris Connolly, Wells Fargo Advisors
INSIDE THE MUSIC & AFTERGLOW
Due to the pandemic, these two events have been canceled for the Fall Masterworks Performances.