Courage and Beauty
The 2023-24 season features six dynamic Masterworks, the 41st Anniversary of Quad City Bank & Trust Riverfront Pops, two QCSO at the Movies presentations, four intimate Up Close chamber concerts, one Holiday Brass concert and several special events. What better way to show your support and celebrate superb symphonic music than to make a gift to the QCSO. Your donation allows us to:
- Present affordable Masterworks and Pops concerts for the community
- Support the careers of working professional musicians
- Deliver music education to more than 22,000 students
- Provide financial aid to students
- Be cultural leaders in the community and make the Quad Cities a better place to live
Make a Gift
Please show your support and help us continue our success by clicking on the buttons below and making a donation today. Thank you!
Ticket sales cover approximately one third of the expenses to present our powerful concerts and incredible education programs. We rely on the generosity of corporations, foundations and individuals, like you, to help us meet the critical demand in our community for superb symphonic music.
Your Annual Fund contribution will help us fulfill our mission to engage, enrich and entertain the Quad City community with superb symphonic music, music education and cultural leadership to more than 50,000 Quad Citizens!
Other Ways to Give
There are many ways that you can support the QCSO besides a direct cash donation, and they may even be tax deductible! Below are a few examples of how you can contribute to the QCSO’s impact in our community through retirement accounts, donor advised funds, gifts of stock, and donating your time through volunteering or in-kind professional services. It may even allow you to give more to your Symphony and increase the impact of your gift!
- If you are over the age of 70 ½ you may roll-over an IRA account distribution to the QCSO without affecting your taxable income. Additionally, if you are 72 and required to take a minimum distribution from your inherited or Traditional IRA account, consider donating those funds to the QCSO to avoid the required income tax on the distribution.*
- Gifts of appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, are a great way to increase your giving power and limit capital gains taxes.*
- Giving to the QCSO through a donor advised fund at a community foundation or financial services company may increase tax-related benefits for your philanthropic giving.*
- In-kind gifts of professional goods & services can help the QCSO defray annual expenses for organization operations, maintenance, and administration and may be tax deductible.
- Last but not least, join the QCSO’s Volunteers for Symphony!
Call the QCSO to learn more at 563-424-7735
*Consult with your tax professional or financial advisor to learn more about the deductibility of your donations
Contributions to the Quad City Symphony Orchestra Association (FEIN 42-6017663) are tax-deductible. The Quad City Symphony Orchestra Association is a tax-exempt organization under the provisions of Internal Revenue Service Code 501(c)(3).