The Quad City Symphony Orchestra is committed to the health and safety of everyone who attends our performances, our musicians, staff and volunteers, and our entire community. Working directly with our presenting partners, we have been closely monitoring the global outbreak of COVID-19 and reviewing guidance from government authorities at the federal, state, and local levels.
Beginning Tuesday June 16, 2020, the QCSO box office will reopen to the public, and will be open weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. To ensure the safety of customers and staff, the following health and safety requirements are in effect:
- All customers are required to wear a mask.
- All customer-facing staff are required to wear a mask when helping customers.
- Only one customer and one staff person are allowed at the front desk at a time.
- Any additional customers must wait in the lobby or outside. Masks should be worn while waiting in both the lobby and outside.
- After each interaction with a customer the front desk surfaces will be cleaned.
To protect the most vulnerable in our community and continue to encourage social distancing in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the QCSO will continue to waive the $4.00 per order shipping fee if you choose to have your tickets mailed to you.
Concerts & Events
QCBT RIVERFRONT POPS
In line with recommendations from the Scott County Health Department (SCHD), the Quad City Symphony Orchestra (QCSO) Association plans to reschedule the Quad City Bank & Trust Riverfront Pops to Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM in Davenport’s LeClaire Park. The SCHD has confirmed that the safety changes planned for the concert are consistent with guidance and best practices for outdoor events.
After extensive deliberation, the QCSO is saddened to announce the cancellation of the following events due to the coronavirus pandemic:
- April 4 & 5, 2020 | Masterworks VI: Triumph
- May 30, 2020 | Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ in Concert
- June 4-6 | Volunteers for Symphony Second Fiddle Sale
We are offering the following options for ticket holders impacted by the cancellations:
MASTERWORKS IV: TRIUMPH
- FULL SUBSCRIBERS can receive additional Bring-A-Friend tickets during the 2020-21 season. Quantity is based on the number 2019-20 Masterworks Subscriptions purchased. To request these tickets, please complete the online Bring-A-Friend Ticket Request Form or call our box office at 563.322.7276. These tickets may be requested now through June 30, 2020.
- TRIO SUBSCRIBERS with tickets to Masterworks VI can request complimentary tickets to a 2020-21 Masterworks Concert. Quantity and Zone is based on the 2019-20 Masterworks Subscriptions purchased. To request these tickets, please call our box office at 563.322.7276. These tickets may be requested now through June 30, 2020.
- SINGLE TICKET PURCHASERS can exchange your tickets for any upcoming Masterworks concert in the 2020-21 season. To exchange your tickets, please complete the online Ticket Donation/Exchange Form or call our box office at 563.322.7276. This exchange may be requested now through June 30, 2020.
- DONATE: Due to the significant financial impact of these cancellations, we encourage ticket holders to donate your tickets back to the QCSO. To donate your tickets, you do not need to do anything! However, if you would like to receive a donation receipt for tax deduction purposes, please complete the online Ticket Donation/Exchange Form or call our box office at 563.322.7276.
STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ IN CONCERT
- EXCHANGE: You can exchange your tickets for any upcoming QCSO at the Movies concert in the 2020-21 season. To exchange your tickets, please complete the online Ticket Donation/Exchange Form or call our box office at 563.322.7276. This exchange may be requested now through June 30, 2020.
- DONATE: Due to the significant financial impact of these cancellations, we encourage ticket holders to donate your tickets back to the QCSO. By donating your tickets, you are providing vital support for the music and musicians that inspire and connect our community. To donate your tickets, you do not need to do anything! However, if you would like to receive a donation receipt for tax deduction pruposes, please complete the online Ticket Donation/Exchange Form or call our box office at 563.322.7276.
- OTHER: Please contact the QCSO Box Office Staff (563.322.7276 or firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 30, 2020 to discuss other options, such as a voucher, gift certificate, or refund.
VfS SECOND FIDDLE SALE
The Second Fiddle Sale is VfS’s largest annual fundraiser, raising money for the QCSO’s music education programs. VfS is grateful for the event volunteers and shoppers who have supported the sale over the past 36 years, and they look forward to seeing you again in the summer of 2021!
The following QCSO events have been postponed to a later date to be determined:
- March 28, 2020 | WVIK/QCSO Signature Series IV: Devil’s Dance | NEW DATE August 7, 2020 Read the Announcement
- April 5, 2020 | Conductor’s Circle Dinner
- May 10, 2020 | Living Proof Exhibit Opera: Karkinos | NEW DATE February 13, 2021
- May 21, 2020 | An Evening with GIT Improv | NEW DATE October 29, 2020
New concert dates will be communicated via email and posted on this page of the QCSO website and on the event pages. All currently issued tickets will be honored for the new dates. If you are unable to attend the concert after the new dates are announced, we encourage you to consider donating your tickets back to the Symphony, giving them away to others in your network, or you may exchange them for an upcoming concert in the 2020-21 season.
Quad City Symphony Youth Ensembles
After extensive deliberation, the QCSYE is saddened to cancel all remaining in-person activities for the remainder of the 19-20 season.
QCSYE Spring Auditions will be moved to online submissions. Prospective students and current members who wish to audition should complete the online Audition Registration Form. Auditioning students will receive additional submission instructions. Please refer to the QCSYE Audition Guide for audition requirements.
Zoom rehearsals will be held until Sunday, April 26 for Prelude Strings and Youth String Ensemble and Sunday, May 2 for Youth Choir, Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, and Youth Symphony Orchestra.
On Wednesday, April 22 at 5:00 PM, the QCSO will hold a Live Stream Recognition Ceremony via the QCSO Facebook Page for Prelude Strings mentors, scholarship recipients, and graduating seniors.
The following QCSYE Events have been canceled:
Private Lesson Program
All Private Lesson Program lessons will shift to online lessons. The QCSO will be in touch directly with PLP families to assist in facilitating this shift.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the QCSO office at 563.322.0931 or at email@example.com.