Volunteers for Symphony
You may join or renew at the bottom of this page.
Already a VfS member? Volunteer for an upcoming event!
- Feed the Orchestra
- Masterworks Greeters
- Signature Series Greeters
- Festival of Trees Parade
- Symphony Day
- Family Music Carnival
- Second Fiddle Sale
Want to join us? Be a part of a fun and rewarding group of volunteers! Surely you’ve heard about the 100 Years, 100 Cellos project, Cello-bration and 2nd Fiddle Sale. Well, for years, Volunteers for Symphony (VfS) has been making friends and supporting the mission of the QCSO and especially its music education programs through a variety of efforts:
- 5 Youth Ensembles - 4 instrument ensembles and 1 youth choir
- Symphony Day – 5871 students experience concerts at the Adler Theatre
- Engagement Visits – 3702 students reached in classrooms
- Side by Side Concert – 85 students mentored by professional musicians
- Financial Aid & Scholarships – 37 youth aid recipients and 15 scholarships
- Social Events and Fundraisers - too many to count!
We are asking you to help lead us into the next century. We need assistance with a new Family Music Carnival, Masterworks, Signature Series, Riverfront Pops, Feed-the-Orchestra, Symphony Day, 2nd Fiddle and many special programs throughout the year.
Won’t you consider joining us? It’s a great way to get involved, meet new friends and have fun while supporting the QCSO, a cherished and innovative Quad Cities cultural institution.
Our volunteers are what make us great! We hope you’ll reach out and become involved in the 2015-16 season. Your help will assist in delivering a thrilling season to our entire community.