- This event has passed.
WVIK/QCSO Signature Series III: For America
February 27 - March 29
In collaboration with the Figge Art Museum’s For America Exhibit, join associate concertmaster Emily Nash, violist Bruno Silva, and associate principal bass Kit Polen for a celebration of American Music. The evening begins with Mozart’s Sprightly Duo No. 1 for Violin and Viola. Experience the stillness of winter in Augusta Reed Thomas’ Silent Moon, followed by Johan Halvorsen’s colorful and dynamic arrangement of a Handel Passacaglia. The second half of the program features multiple selections by Edgar Meyer and Mark O’Connor from their album Appalachian Journey recorded with Yo-Yo Ma. These classical works are influenced by the sounds of American musical traditions and structures.
Additional Event Information
MOZART Duo No. 1 in G Major
AUGUSTA READ THOMAS Silent Moon
EDGAR MEYER & MARK O’CONNOR Selections from the album Appalachian Journey
Digital Access | $25 (Households are only required to purchase one Access ticket)
Student Access available. Call our box office at 563.322.7276 for details.
ABOUT LIVE STREAM + DIGITAL ACCESS
The digital concert will be a live stream on February 27, 2021, at 7:30 PM, and will be available for viewing for 30 days following the live stream. Please allow 12 hours for video processing after the conclusion of the live-streamed event before attempting to access the recorded Digital Concert.
Live Stream access information will be emailed to the ticket purchaser at least 24 hours before the event. If you purchase digital access to the concert less than 24 hours before the premiere, the access information emailed to you as soon as possible. Please contact Caitlin Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org • 563.424.7734) if you have not received your access information by that time.
Digital Access will remain available for purchase following the premiere. If purchased at that time, please allow at least 1 business day for processing.
Emily Nash, violin,
Bruno Silva, viola,
Kit Polen, bass
HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE
- Social Distancing: Audience members will be socially distanced throughout the venue and the number of in-person seats available to audience members will be significantly restricted in order to accommodate the necessary social distancing.
- Facial Masks or Coverings: Facial masks or coverings must be worn at all times covering the nose and mouth while in the venue. Disposable masks will be available for those who arrive without one. No exemptions will be made, including for individuals who have already been vaccinated.
- Attendees Must be Asymptomatic: Attendees must not have tested positive for COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to attending the event in person and attendees must be asymptomatic for at least 14 days prior to attending the event in person. Anyone feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms such as but not limited to fever, cough, or shortness of breath should stay home. Please click here to review the full list of COVID-19 symptoms on the CDC website. Additionally, attendees must not have been in contact with anyone who has been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to attending the event in person. Attendees who cannot meet these requirements should not attend the event in person and are encouraged to access the performance via Digital Access.
- Entry & Departure: The concert venue will remain closed to the general public until the predetermined time that seating can begin. Doors will open 30 minutes before concert time. Signage and floor markings will outline new procedures, as well as remind guests and staff to social distance and wash their hands. Guests will be encouraged to move directly to their seats. Guests will not be allowed to approach the stage and will be encouraged to immediately exit the building following the performance.
- Reduced Contact: Tickets will not be sold on-site and must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be touched by the ticket scanners, and program booklets will only be available in a digital format. The program booklet will be available in advance online if attendees wish to print their own copies, and guests may request a printout of the program to be mailed to them for a $4 fee up to 14 days before the event.
- Food & Beverage: Concessions will not be sold.